SIM OLYMPICS will challenge teams to bring to bear their collective medical knowledge and clinical skills in a series of simulation-based events that encompass evidence-based medicine, procedural skill sets, teamwork behaviors, and overall ACGME core competencies.
The 2016 SIM OLYMPICS will feature 7 pediatric residency programs in & around New York City:
- The Children’s Hospital at Montefiore
- Kravis Children’s Hospital at Mount Sinai
- Maimonides Infants & Children’s Hospital
- New York University/Bellevue Hospital Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Stony Brook Children’s Hospital
Each residency team will consist of 6 pediatric residents and 1 nurse from each institution. The required composition of residents is as follows:
- 1 intern (PGY1)
- 1 junior (PGY2)
- 1 senior (PGY3)
- And 3 additional interns and/or residents of any composition
A judging panel made up of faculty, fellows, and chief residents from the represented residency programs will observe, evaluate and mark each team’s performance during each event. At the end of the evening, scores will be tallied, and one team will be named winner of this year’s SIM OLYMPICS.
The winning teams will be honored in the SIM OLYMPICS Hall of Champions.
Let The Games Begin.
WHEN: (Updated times)
Thursday, May 19, 2016
5:30 pm - Registration
6:00 pm - Opening Ceremony
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center
525 East 68th Street (between York Avenue & FDR Drive)
New York, NY 10065
Directions to Room F-639:
- Enter NYP/Weill Cornell Medical Center at 525 East 68th Street.
- Take the N Elevator up to the 6th Floor.
- As you exit the elevator, veer left, and make the first right turn into a hallway.
- Walk down this hallway and through the double doors.
- Room F-639 will be on your left.
Personnel from each of the represented residency programs are welcome to attend.
Please remember to bring institutional photo ID!